Authentic Greek Pork Souvlaki Recipe
- 70 gr white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (50 gr)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (25 gr)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 pork tenderloin (400 g total)
- ½ onion, medium sized
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into rounds
- 1 onion, cut into rounds
- Greek tzatziki sauce
- Greek pita bread
- Place the wooden skewers in a small baking pan and add the white wine.
- Let them soak in the wine. It would be best if they soak for at least 2 hours.
- In a blender, beat the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and bouillon cube. Set aside until needed.
- Place the pork tenderloin on a cutting board and remove the hard white fiber.
- Cut the tenderloin i into 1-2 cm cubes, making them as similar in size as possible. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cut the half onion in half again and separate the “leaves”. Add to the bowl.
- Cut the green and yellow bell peppers into large cubes and add to the bowl.
- Last, add the marinade and gently massage it on to the meat to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1hour so it can marinate.
- When ready, thread the pork cubes, bell pepper cubes and onion, alternately onto the wooden skewers.
- Place a grill pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Add the souvlaki skewers in the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning them on all sides until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with Greek pita bread, tzatziki sauce, tomato slices and onions.
Author and Credits: Akis Kitchen